On Tap – Winter 2017
Book an appointment
Winter is here!
We hope you all had a great Holiday Season and are enjoying the winter. Now that the cold freeze is back upon us, remember to keep an eye out for frozen pipes. If you have frozen pipes, you can quickly thaw them with items in your home already; use a hairdryer or magic bag. Also, leave your cupboard doors opened so the warmth from your house can keep the hidden pipes heated. If you are unable to do this yourself, we’re always on call for this and any other plumbing issues you may face.
S&R Project Spotlight
The Kavanaugh Condo is a recent new development in the Beechwood Village.
The land that was formerly an Esso station has been completely transformed into a development that has a total of 124 units, with various amenities including a rooftop terrace, exercise room, and courtyard.
S&R Mechanical is proud to have completed the plumbing component of this project and provide ongoing maintenance and service to the new residents.
S&R in the Community
Come see our booths at the following shows listed below for a chance to win some great prizes!
We will have staff on hand to answer any of your questions and to book appointments for work or for a free estimate.
Here’s a picture of our ‘ballot box’ from last years show!
With the booming housing market in the Ottawa area, here are some tips to check for when purchasing/renting a new home:
- Flush all toilets to ensure they drain
- Turn on the showers/bathtubs to check pressure and ensure there’s hot water
- Turn on all taps and faucets to check for pressure, leaks, drips, and water temperature
- Fill all sinks up with water to ensure there are no leaks underneath the counter
- Check the basement/crawl space for signs of leaks or previous water damage
- Always look up – check for yellowed stains from water damage above